Most auto glass damage occurs due to vandalism and following are some of the essential factors to keep in mind for preventing such occurrence,
- Never keep any valuables in the automobile and definitely not in plain site as this lures thieves.
- Ensure that you have adequate copies of important documents like license, bank papers, credit cards, passport and the like in a safe at your home or in some safe deposit locker.
- Always keep a list of things you carry in your pocket
- Always ensure that you park your car in a well lit place in the parking lot
- Make sure to lock your doors, double check that they are locked
- Change your locks, in case your keys are stolen
- Contact cell phone service provider to discontinue service, in case it is stolen,
- Similarly, contact the bank and credit card companies, in case your bank or credit cards are stolen
- Credit cards, if stolen constitute a fraud and therefore you should make a fraud report to the following agencies
- TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289
Fraud Victim Assistance Division
P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790
P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
- Listen to your gut feeling and always keep your wit in place.
- Contact the local enforcement agency for any help.
- Contact Hurricane Auto to repair or replace your damaged glass
- Contact a protection service to protect your car from more damage.